Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the gun is to be used.
The Sheriff and his staff are required to follow strict state guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for Concealed Handgun Permits. Due to the nature of the detailed due diligence, processing times can take multiple weeks.
Concealed Handgun Permits must be obtained from the county sheriff of your county of residence.
If you are RENEWING a Concealed Handgun Permit, you MUST apply no more than 90 days PRIOR to the expiration date.
- A New Concealed Handgun Permit costs $90.00, which includes the $10.00 fingerprinting fee.
- A Renewal Concealed Handgun Weapon costs $75.00
- A Duplicate Concealed Weapon Permit costs $15.00
- For a CHANGE OF ADDRESS you MUST have a valid Randolph County Concealed Carry Permit. NOTE: If your permit is from another county, you MUST contact that county's Sheriff's Office that issued the permit first.
- Please note we have modified our processing for submitting CHP applications. Please be mindful of the updated instructions while completing the application and all email communications during the process.
- Click the links on the left to apply for a permit.
Please visit the below website for further information regarding NC Firearms Laws and reciprocity:
NC DOJ Information
Gaining competency with firearms is like learning to drive a car or fly an airplane. You need expert instruction and practice. There is no shortcut. If you are not willing to invest the time and effort to become competent, then having a firearm and trying to use it can, in many instances, be more hazardous than any impending threat.
Concealed Handgun Permit Information